Thursday, March 3, 2011

white christmas tree

I have been making great headway on the cedar chest.  Right now, the second coat of stain is drying.  I have purchased everything I need to reupholster the top, and knobs have been ordered from Amazon (2.5 inch knobs are way scarce... the only place in town that had them had them for $11 a piece ((we need 4)) plus $7 fee because it is a special order.  I think I'll just order them from Amazon for a total of $12.)

I have always wanted a white Christmas tree.  My "Christmas Theme" will be green, red, and sparkles.  Now, I know it's the beginning of March but just hang in there with me, there's a point to this.  Anyway, I've always wanted a white tree so I could put green and red ornaments on it.  This past Christmas, I looked at a bunch online but they were all soooooo expensive.  Even in January, when they were 50% off, they were over $150.  So I gave up on having one for next Christmas, and just figured we would have to use the 3' silver one I have from my college dorm again.
But, for some reason I decided to check Craigslist the other night, and there was a girl there with a white Christmas tree for sale for only $20!  It is only 6.5' (I would prefer 7.5) but it will be a MUCH better tree for this coming Christmas than the silver one.  She is from Branson and said she will bring the price down to $15 since I'll come down there to pick it up.  I'm going to try to make the trip on Saturday.

Not much else, really... I've been keeping busy on this chest, and running a million errands to get everything I am needing!

No comments:

Post a Comment