Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Magnets

I am participating in This Blessed Nest's Spring Fling again this week.  I have had so much fun looking at everyone's Spring ideas the past two weeks... I LOVE the flowers and colors!  I am so glad it actually looks and feels like Spring this time!

What I have to share are some very simple and easy Spring Magnets (That I will probably leave up year-round)


This is my "collection"


The "Life Is Beautiful" magnets I made a few months ago. They were very easy, just a little time consuming. I used the Citrus Matstack scrapbook paper from Michael's, and the letters you can buy in packs of four from Hobby Lobby.

I painted the edges of the letters silver. They are barely visible but I think it was a good idea. While waiting for the paint to dry, I took each letter and traced it on the back of the paper I was going to use it on. (It is important to do each letter individually- for instance don't use the same "L" block for each L because I found that they have different curves.)

I then cut out each scrapbook paper letter, and then mod podge'd it to the letter itself. I also put a thin layer of Mod Podge on the top to seal everything.

Lastly, I cut up a sheet of magnet that I got from Hobby Lobby, and arranged it on each letter!


You could use whatever letters and paper you want for this craft, and it could be very versatile!  For example, I also made some for my little brother (with Camo paper) and sister (with this paper) with their names for them to put on their lockers at school.  You could also make one with every letter of the alphabet to make Alphabet letters.  You could spell out "Happy Birthday" and put it up only on Birthday's, or "Merry Christmas" with Christmas paper (I know, we are barely at Spring and I'm bringing up Christmas  lol).  Pretty much anything goes!


These magnets took about 30 seconds to assemble! And I LOVE them! I saw the idea to turn old brooch's into magnets online. Instead of brooches, I used some pendants. I intend to add to these four magnets, as I find more that I like on sale!


All I did was hot glue a magnet to the back of the pendant!
One of the magnets did come apart, so I think in the future I will use something stronger than hot glue. Rubber Cement, maybe?

It must officially be Spring because I am working on my first batch of sweet tea this season!  Happy Spring!!

1 comment:

  1. i love all the colorsin your magnets. they are adorable. you did a super job.

    i adore your profile picture, btw.

    thanks for linking up to the SPRING FLING!

    have a super weekend.

    kellie

    ReplyDelete