Tuesday, March 1, 2011

There's no place like home

I haven't blogged lately, because we haven't really had a ton going on.  We just got back tonight from a week-long trip back home.  We spent half the time with Steven's family and half the time with mine.  It is nice that our families are only a couple of hours away so we can visit them really easily!

There were a few highlights of our trip, including...

One night at Steven's house, everyone else was in bed and Steven and I stayed up watching Lost on Netflix.  While we were watching, I started really craving a Smoothie, but didn't want to use the blender because I knew it would be super loud and everyone else was asleep!  I finally gave in and immediately turned the blender off when I realized how loud it was.  Steven suggested that I use the outlet in the bathroom and close the door.  I tried that, but turned it off again after a second because the thing was as loud as the trash truck is when it slams the dumpster against our apartment wall.  Finally, as an act of true love for me, Steven took the blender outside to the front porch and found an outlet there, and he blended my smoothie out there!  In the middle of the night, at the end of February.  That was the best smoothie I've ever had!

At my house, my mom offered to give me my great-grandma's cedar chest.  The chest has a great frame and is perfect for storage, but needs a little updating so I think my new project is to refinish, reupholster, and add new knobs to the chest.  I will add before/after pictures when I'm done.  I know this will be time consuming, but it is nice to have something to do plus I will be able to take a piece of furniture I normally wouldn't use, and make it into a functional one for our future home, for very cheap!  I'm sure I'll also learn a lot along the way and gain more confidence in DIY-ing.  I love having projects like this and am excited to make a visit to Hobby Lobby tomorrow!

That's it for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment