Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Spring Wreath

I think that our new wreath on our apartment door is the only thing NOT gloomy about today!

I started out loving this wreath at Hobby Lobby:
But NOT loving this price tag:
Ouch!  Even with 50% off I can think of a lot of things I would rather spend $50 on.

So I bought just a bare twig wreath from Michael's for $2, then bought some fake flowers from there and Hob Lob to go with it.  $11 and three hot glue sticks later, this is what I had come up with!


It obviously has a very different feel from the Hobby Lobby wreath, but I really kinda love it!

And when the weather is rainy and gloomy like it is today, it is nice to have a burst of color and reminder that Spring is on its way!!!

2 comments:

  1. well done!

    isn't it amazing how much wreaths are these days? wowza. beautiful job!

    thanks for linking up to the SPRING FLING!

    have a super day.
    kellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bright colors! I actually like your version much better! Thanks for sharing. Shae

    ReplyDelete