Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Looking Back

I wrote this back in the summer of 2007 (right after I graduated high school).  I guess you could say I knew for a while that I wanted to marry Steven.  :)  Sometimes it is fun to look back at what made you who you are today and enjoy those special memories.

"I want the guy...
Who says I'm beautiful
Who will write me notes
Who isn't too cocky to say "I'm sorry"
Who thinks I'm cute when I'm hyper
Who will pray with me before I go to sleep every night
Who is content just holding my hand
Who will draw cute stick-figure pictures for me
Who will help me/us solve problems by studying the Bible
Who always opens the door (and car door) for me
Who will share in my joys and my heartbreaks
Who will kiss me on the forehead
Who will show up on the doorstep for the sole purpose of bringing me flowers
Who will text me "good morning beautiful" every single morning for me to wake up to
Who will hang out at my house and play games with my parents
Who is there for me to call him if I can't go to sleep at night
Who will talk about me to his friends
Who believes in me when I don't even believe in myself
Who is more excited for me than I am when I get a scholarship
Who doesn't care about my imperfections
Who never gave up on us, even when everyone around him (including myself) told him to
Who finds things in me that even I didn't know
Who will sing Happy Birthday to me at the talent show in front of the whole school
Who will ask me how my quiet-times have been going, and what I am learning
Who can make me laugh even when I'm crying
Whose very existance in my life, is an example of how God can work in people's lives and hearts
Who will bring me a dozen roses for no reason at all, except that he knows it will make me happy
Who knows my favorite kind of icecream, and is always up to eating some with me
Who will be there for me when it seems like no one else is
Who misses my smile when we're not together
Who, when I get my wisdom teeth taken out, brings not me not only a milkshake, but also flowers and a movie
Who will sing to me when I'm not feeling well
Who can convince me that I'm pretty even on my "ugly days"
Who knows that the only way to have a relationship is to keep God as the center of it
Who will be my best friend
Who loves Jesus even more than me

And guess what? I've got this guy!

You put the red in my cheeks, the sparkles in my eyes and the warmth in my heart "

This picture was taken on our first date!  After dinner at the Cheesecake Factory (at the plaza), we got some cheesecake and decided to eat it outside.  We went to the outdoor seating at Panera and tried to guess people's professions as they walked by.  It was perfect!

I <3 this boy of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment