Sunday, March 6, 2011

freezing girl scouts

All is well at the Branch house... okay, apartment.  We've had a good last couple of days.

I finished the cedar chest makeover!  Well, I am still waiting for the new knobs to come in the mail, but only around 5 more minutes of work is needed!  I love how it turned out, and I love that Steven loves how it turned out as well!

Yesterday we went to Branson to pick up the Christmas tree.  We met the girl at a gas station.  Turns out the deal wasn't quite as fabulous as I thought it was (she bought it for $35), but it is still a good Christmas tree for while are waiting for a really nice one.  I wouldn't want to spend a lot of money on a tree when we don't know what size we will be able to fit in our living room, anyway.
After getting the tree, we went shopping, but the only thing we bought were girl scout cookies!  The poor girl and her mom were sitting outside of Bass Pro FREEZING.  We felt sorry for them and bought two boxes.  :)  (well, we may have just had a weakness for some Thin Mints...) We then got dinner at Cantina Loredo, my favorite Mexican restaurant!  We went back home and had a "food TV" night- watching lots of Chopped and Top Chef.

No comments:

Post a Comment