Sunday, April 3, 2011

You are my Sunshine

Today it is sooooo great outside.  As in, 93 degrees worth of greatfulness!  I love it.  I love the feel of the sun on my bare (and white!) legs.  I love the breeze.  I love grilling out.  I love homemade ice cream and other summertime desserts.  I love wearing tanktops and Soffees.  I even love how hot the leather in my car felt on my legs today.  I hope that spring and summer are here to stay a while this time!

In the spirit of Spring, I made my very first Strawberry Trifle.  It is currently sitting in my refrigerator, so I can't say how it tastes, but it definitely looked delish as I was making it!  I am also thinking of making a tomato pie for dinner tonight.  (I have found so many new recipes since joining blog-land!)  Tastes like summer to me!

I finished a project today that I still have to take a picture of before I share it with you.  So, instead I will show you two of the other projects I have been up to in the past couple of weeks.

First of I have five "baby blankets" I made.  My mom and I went to Hancock Fabric over a month ago and the idea to make fleece blankets came to my mom.  We got to thinking that we could make some baby ones either for Alexandra's House (a prenatal hospice in KC), the Linus Project, or a local hospital.  I made the blankets and prayed for the babies and their families while tying the knots.  They have sense been delivered back to my mom, who knows where they will end up!


 

And, I made these bean bags to either freeze or heat depending on the injury.  I hand-stitched these babies, and each one probably took at least three hours.  I have nothing if not time, lol.  I like to imagine that since it took so long, my very presence is infused in the stitching, so whenever someone has an injury and they put a bean bag on it, it is as if I am kissing it and it will heal faster.  As a bonus, this way I can "kiss" my own owies.

No comments:

Post a Comment