Monday, April 4, 2011

Miscellaneous Monday (Part 3)

Well, Spring did not follow my requests... as I am writing, it is like 50 degrees and windy outside!  At least we didn't get a hail storm like my family did in KC!

:: Do you shop at Aldi's?  I do.  I actually <3 Aldi's.   I feel that they are any newly-wed's BFF.  We have one right down the street (conveniently next to WalMart).  And, although sometimes I wonder about walking through the parking lot alone (I am sure this is not true for all Aldi locations, I just live in the "ghetto" side of town), it is worth it when I think of how much I am about to spend in my head, and the total is less than that!  Some things I always try to buy at Aldi are sour cream, milk, cheese (blocks or shredded), paper plates, pickles (they are the best pickles ever), and canned goods.  All of these things I have found are just as good as the regular brand but are substantially enough cheaper that it is worth the extra stop.  I always just bring a cloth re-useable bag with me (I don't usually get more than one bag's worth) and I am good to go!

:: Every night, I think of a story in my head to get me to go to sleep.  This keeps me from thinking about or stressing about real-life events.  Steven tells me, "just don't think about anything", but my mind doesn't work that way.  I have several "stories" that have going on at any given time... I just pick the one that is the most appealing that night and add on to it until I fall asleep.  I try to keep them realistic.  For example, one of my "stories" is how I find out I am pregnant, and then we find out I am preggo with triplets.  I have it all thought out how I would tell Steven we were pregnant, and then how we would tell my parents it was triplets.  I have thought out how I have to go on bed-rest because all the weight is too much on my lil' body.  I haven't gotten to their birth yet but each night I add on a little more to the story...

:: A kitchen mixer would be so handy.  I have a hand-held one now, because we don't have counter space for a stand-up one, but when we get a house I would like one eventually.  Maybe a yellow one to match my theme?  The hand-held seemed like a good idea at the time but I always end spraying cookie dough (or whatever I'm making) in a hundred different directions, including my clothes, the kitchen floor, and probably someone's jacket that is chillin on the back of one of our dining room chairs.

:: Last night, I couldn't help but notice that the body wash I use claims on the bottle that its scent "helps put you at ease and boosts self-confidence."   Really?  I am almost finished with this bottle and have never noticed such results in my confidence level!  ha!  How do they come up with this stuff??

No comments:

Post a Comment