Monday, April 11, 2011

Miscellaneous Monday (4)

:: Kim had her baby on Friday!  Baby Ari is soooooo beautiful, and has a good head of hair on her!  (I always think baby girls are cutest when they have some hair to them).  I'm so excited to meet her next month.

:: We are leaving Wednesday to look at houses in O'Fallon!  I am being a hard-core home searcher this time in that I have made two sheets that we will use to organize our thoughts.  I don't want all of the houses to run together.  First, I have a "home recap" sheet where we will list all of the addresses we visited along with their basic info, and then rate several different aspects of the house.  I also have another sheet which will be one per house, that has more detailed things to look at and make notes.  Our realtor (and Steven) may think I'm crazy, and I realize this is a little overboard, but I can't trust myself to remember all of this info if I don't write it down!

:: Grilling corn on the cob is seriously the BEST!  We've had it two times in the last three days.  You just wrap the corn along with some butter and salt sprinkled on in some aluminum foil, and put it on the grill!  The grilling just makes it extra juicy and gives it a distinct flavor.  Try it!

::  I have come to a hard conclusion lately, that I need to distance myself from some of my friends... maybe "friends" even.  I feel that I need to put more effort into the friendships that encourage me, genuinely love me, and bring me closer to God, and less effort on ones that bring me down with negativity and self-centeredness.  You'd think that would be common sense, but it's easier said than done.  Hopefully by writing this down, I will hold myself to this!

No comments:

Post a Comment