Thursday, April 28, 2011

Thankful Thursday X 4

Today, I am thankful for...

My friend Lauren (and her family)


As I've said on this blog before, Lauren is the BEST friend a girl could ask for.  She is so thoughtful and always there for you.  When we got the job in O'Fallon, we immediately began talking to a bank to discuss a loan for a house.  We were told that we would need 30 days of Steven's employment before we could close on a loan (they are making loans harder to get).  So, we were needing somewhere to stay for a month to a month and a half.

God knew what He was doing when he put Lauren in my life, my first semester at MSU.  Lauren "just so happens" to be from St. Charles, a city right next to O'Fallon.  Her home is only 20 minutes from our new church.  Her parents have a finished basement, complete with a bedroom, bathroom, and kitchen.  They were so generous to OFFER it to us when Lauren heard of our need... we didn't even have to ask!  Lauren's parents know me a little bit, but have only met Steven briefly at our wedding.  Their hospitality has touched us so much and we are SO thankful for their gracious hearts!

I hope and pray that Steven and I will learn by this example, and always be willing and eager to help those in need (whether great or small).

No comments:

Post a Comment