Thursday, April 7, 2011

Thankful Thursday X 2

Today I am thankful for two things!...

Tungsten, the metal that we got Steven's new ring in.  Scratch-resistant, waaaaaaaaaay cheaper than white gold, and looks just like white gold!  That's a win in our book!


(pic from Kay.com)
^say hello to Steven's ring!^

We called every pawn shop in Springfield two times this past week, and even went to a Jewelry one today to make sure it wasn't there.  So we have come to the conclusion that we won't get the original ring back.  :( 

I am obviously pretty sad about the situation, but keep telling myself that it is just a ring and there are worse problems to have.  At least we are both healthy and happy and Steven has a job now.  We are so blessed beyond what we deserve.  (And, let's be honest... at least it wasn't MY ring!  ha!)

AND...

I'm thankful for Kayak.com, and Delta Airlines, because they are making it possible for me to fly to North Carolina and visit...



Kimmy and Kelly!  It's official!  I bought my plane ticket yesterday.  I'm going there in May to be there after Kim has 'lil Ari.  Kelly called me this morning to tell me that Kim was having contractions, but she didn't end up going to the hospital.  It could be any day!!

This picture was taken on my 11th birthday.  Ha!  It's not flattering of any of us but I wanted to show just how young we were when we became BFFs.  Now we are all in different and special stages of life (Kim having a baby, me married and moving, and Kelly finishing up college student teaching) but I love that we are still close enough for me to fly over there, and for them to want me to come!  Ha.  I love these girls so much and pray that I can be a blessing and encouragement to them when I visit next month. 


No comments:

Post a Comment