Saturday, April 2, 2011

lately

Not a ton has been happening lately.  Yesterday I went and ran errands for about four hours... yes, four.  I of course started off with a Vanilla Coke from Sonic and went from there.  I have decided that I am losing my mind.  I went to Target and couldn't find anything I needed.  I was about to walk out when I saw bleach and suddenly remembered that I needed to buy bleach.  So I bought one item.  On my way to my car, I looked at the coupon I recieved when checking out, and it was for toilet paper.  Well, we only had two rolls left at home, so I put the bleach in my car and then went back inside to buy some toilet paper.  I got back to the car again, and was sitting in the driver's seat when I looked down at my list and had forgot to look for one thing!  After major debating in my head, I got out of the car again and went back into Target.  They didn't have what I was looking for, but I am sure the greeter thought I was crazy, going in the store three different times in thirty minutes.

When I finally got home (with several other stops) I realized that I had bought all but one thing that I needed for the new project I am working on.  Don't you hate that?  (In my defense, it wasn't written on my list) So I talked Steven into going to WalMart with me under the guise of going grocery shopping.  Of course we bought much more than was originally on my grocery list, but we are hoping this trip will last us the rest of the time we are in this apartment (less than a month now!).

Steven lost his wedding ring on Wednesday (he will tell you it was stolen.  I guess it is both).  He went to Jiffy Lube to change my oil (he used to work there, so if he brings his own oil in they will help him change it for free).  He went to wash his hands of the oil and set his ring on the sink.  He left without it.  The next day he called Jiffy Lube and one of the managers told him that an employee had found it and put it on the desk in the office, but it was not there anymore.  Leaving us to believe that one of the employees stole it.  I have called over a dozen pawn shops in Springfield and none of them have it.  We are praying that whoever did it will feel guilty enough to bring it back, or that maybe it just got knocked off the desk and it is just hidden somewhere in the office.

If it isn't one thing, it's another!  There is never a dull moment. 

Here is a verse to leave you with.  My aunt Pam sent this to me when I e-mailed her that we took the job in OFallon.

"He will lead me in paths of life.  In His presence is fullness of joy and in His right hand are pleasures forevermore."  Psa. 16:11



No comments:

Post a Comment