Thursday, April 21, 2011

Thankful Thursday X 3

This Thursday, I am thankful for our BBC apartment.

Moving here was not my first choice.  The first time we toured these apartments, considering moving here, I about cried.  It was just so small, out-dated, and ghetto looking.  But it was just the most logical option- super cheap, literally right next to Steven's friends, and close to my school as well.  Now, I am so glad that we chose to live here.  We made some good friendships and saved so much money along the way.  We also have pretty low expectations now when we are checking out houses which I am sure our realtor appreciates!

A week from tomorrow, we will move to St. Louis.  We will leave behind this little ole apartment where we spent such a special time in our lives...  our first year and a half of marriage.  We have had our share of laughs and tears here.  We have celebrated both of our college graduations here.  We have hosted many dinners or game nights with friends and family.  We have made many memories here.

While I am soooooo excited about moving to O'Fallon and discovering the next chapter of our lives, it is a little bittersweet to leave.  The innocence of our lives as college students will be officially over.  We will be home owners, with full time jobs, mortgages, and bills.  If the fridge, roof, or furnace goes out, WE will be the one paying for it.  We'll have a lawn to mow and many other responsibilities and expenses we don't have now.  But we'll also have a dishwasher (!!!), a patio and yard to spend time outdoors, and a porch to put Christmas lights up.



We will miss you, A building apartment #210... (but only a little bit.)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kelsey! I wanted to let you know that you were the lucky winner of the Lisa Leonard giveaway on my blog! If you could send me your information (email address, mailing address), Lisa will get in contact with you. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete