Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Gasolina

We have had a really good weekend!

Friday, we headed to Tulsa to spend the weekend with my cousins.  We just paid the toll on the Turnpike, when the "low fuel" light came on.  So we kept waiting for an exit to get gas.  Well, 25 minutes later, we had passed no gas stations and began coasting down the highway!  Steven pulled to the shoulder of the road, and we went 20 mph for quite a ways, until we finally came to a picnic area.  Thank God we made it there!!!  We found some older men who offered to take Steven to the next exit (which was two miles away) so he could get some gas.  He then walked all the way back to the picnic area where I was waiting.  It was around 80 degrees, so Steven was really sweaty when I met him along the side of the road with his Strawberry Lemonade!  I think that we have learned a valuable lesson here!


We went to Go West for dinner on Saturday.  Steven's dessert looked like a smiley-face.

It rained pretty much the rest of the weekend.  Sunday, the rain (and hail) was so bad, and there were a lot of flash flood warnings.  Steven and I decided to stay an extra night instead of driving in the dark, rain, and flooding!  We were glad we did, we got to spend more time with Dayna and Levi, and the road was nice and dry during our ride home.

I woke up this morning with a comment on my blog that I had won a give-away!  I am SOOOO excited, I never win anything! 
Positively Splendid hosted this giveaway, and I won a $50 gift card to Lisa Leonard Designs.  All of her stuff is SO cute, I am having a hard time picking out what I will order!  I'm so excited, because it's stuff I love, but wouldn't normally be able to spend the money on.  So it's been a good day so far!


No comments:

Post a Comment