Friday, June 1, 2012

They Say it's Your Birthday

My birthday was last week, and I just now uploaded pics from it!

Honestly, it was a pretty low-key day.  I turned 23 and I already feel like I am "too old" for bdays to be a big deal, which is sad when you think about it but just the way life goes I guess!

I went to lunch and shopping with my friend Lauren.  It was a beautiful day to be shopping at an outdoor shopping center!

Then Steven took  me to The Hill (this authentic Italian neighborhood in St Louis) for dinner.  We tried our first restaurant there, Zia's.


Oh my goodness...  SO good!


We had fried artichokes as an appetizer, then your meal comes with a salad and a side of pasta.  I got the garlic/butter sauce on my pasta and Steven got the cream sauce... the cream sauce was probably the best pasta sauce I have ever had!!  It was SO SO good!


When we got back to the car, we discovered we were 2.5 miles from Ted Drewes, a custard place here that has been around since 1929.  We have been told by tons of people that we needed to try it, so even though we were stuffed, we managed to find room for Custard (the HUGE line gave us a little time to digest our dinner)



See how much bigger my Regular concrete is than Steven's Regular sundae??  Crazy.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment