Friday, June 15, 2012

Stairway to Heaven


The bad news is that I don't have any shifts on the schedule until my coworker has her baby. He is due next week and I was going to go home this week but wanted to make sure I was "just a phone call away" in case he came. Turns out I should have gone home!

The good news is that I have had so much time at home as of late, that I have gotten fairly caught up on blogging! I even have not one but TWO posts scheduled to post automatically so that the new blogs are more spread out haha! As you can tell, not a lot is going on here, but I wanted to share our latest home renovation (that we did over a month ago and I just took pictures of).

These were our stairs for the first 11 months we lived here:






"unfinished" would be an understatement.

We got an estimate of $550 to finish them.  We made several trips to Home Depot the home improvement store and talked with at least 5 of their employees before coming up with a creative and honestly, genius way for us to fix them ourselves for under $100.




It's still not totally done but it looks a million times better!  The cracked and uneven spaces, or even gaps, are all covered and it came together nicely.  We still need to stain the railing and the entryway the same dark color as our stair treads and floor.  We have all of the stuff to do but staining such a large, prominant area is intimidating!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment