Wednesday, June 20, 2012

I Can be Your Friend

A few weeks ago, I made a sock monkey for my cousin's baby, Liam (who you may remember from their recent visit).


After I finished, I did some thinking and decided that button eyes are probably not the best thing to put on a toy for a 9 month old.

Rather than simply taking off the button eyes and sewing new ones, I went to Target, bought more socks, and started over, ending with this cutie:


 Sewn on felt eyes... much safer!  And I just love the Zebra print.

When I got this pair of socks, I got a little grabby looking at all of the cute ones... After I got too far into making 4 sock monkeys at a time, I kind of regretted it (quite a time consuming project!!) but now that they are done, they are cute!

Best friends!

I mailed my child-friendly monkey off to my nephew (or third cousin twice removed... "nephew" is easier!).  I hope that he likes it and that his mama can have peace of mind leaving him in a room with it!

I'm now left with these guys...


I'm considering making an Etsy shop down the road... probably pretty far down the road...  do you think anyone would want to buy these? 

 

1 comment:

  1. I think you should definitely create an etsy shop!! You have some really cute things that you could put in it, and make a little money on the side. I created a shop 2 months ago and have sold 8 different things. That adds up after awhile, and when I was unemployed, every penny counted. Those sock monkeys are adorable and would make some cute gifts for someone who can't sew and wants something unique! I say go for it!! :]

    ReplyDelete