Sunday, June 10, 2012

The Time of Your Life

I am trying to make a more conscious effort to see the beauty in every day.

I am so thankful for what God has given me right now.  Steven and I will have a limited time of it only being the two of us, but we want to make it count and make memories and do special things.

Last week, it was a beautiful night and Steven helped me cross one thing off of my "Do before I turn 23" list.  We slept outside on the deck.


We blew up our two twin air mattresses.   As you can see, Dallas is hiding from Barkley underneath my pillow.



Barkley was excited to spend the night with us outside, but he was SO confused.  We (Steven and I) went to bed around 1, but Barkley kept moving from Steven's bed to my bed, to his spot where he looks off the deck, to running down the stairs, to running back up the stairs. He couldn't settle down.  Finally, after about 1.5 hours of that (and me freezing... and being worried that Steven was also freezing because he'd given me his blanket) I woke Steven up and told him let's go inside and sleep!

We tried.

Steven is also preparing to get his CDL so that he can drive a shuttle to Camp.  One of our partnering churches owns a bus and a shuttle, so after he got his CDL Permit, we went up there so he could practice.


Not gonna lie, it was a little scary riding in that school bus!  It was a stick-shift, and even though Steven knows how to drive a stick (his first car was one), he hasn't done it in a long time.  Not to mention it's a 53 passenger bus. 

But after driving the bus, the shuttle seemed like a piece of cake!  Hopefully he will be able to take (and pass) the test soon!

Lastly, back in April we planted our FIRST tomato plants!  I have always wanted my own home grown tomatoes...  We spent hours outside digging out clay and putting in a soil mixture.  I had very low expectations because, though this is the best area for us to plant anything, it doesn't get as much sunlight as I know the tomatoes would like.

But look at them now!


We were able to "harvest" our first tomatoes tonight!  The little one on the left actually had the first ripe ones.  The one on the right was the "Early" plant we bought.


Here's Farmer Steven with all of our tomatoes!


No comments:

Post a Comment