Monday, July 2, 2012

The B-I-B-L-E

It has been a while since I've written last... but this last project I did was worth the post!

I have had my eye on making a cover for my Bible.  I've only used it a year so far but I was ready for it to be a little more unique and have some personality to it since it's used so much!



I found a few people who had made Bible Covers on Pinterest (here and here), but the tutorials were very minimal and I liked different attributes of both the ones I found.  I ended up combining them and kind of putting my own spin on it and figuring it out as I went along!

My goal was to have it done by Camp (the end of this month) but I finished it today!



 I made it with a velcro closure so I can have varying amounts of papers, bulletins, etc inside. (and the amazing flower button is velcro'ed on also so I can wash the cover if needed!)


Finally, I left the ruffle strip on the spine open, so that I can always have a pen and highlighter with my Bible!


I'm pretty happy with how it turned out and can't wait to bring it with me to church Wednesday.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment