Monday, July 16, 2012

What Have You Been Doing Lately?

Well, I'm back!  We have had a busy and crazy July so far and it's going to get more crazy before it calms down.  Here are some updates from our month...

We were in the O'Fallon Parade on the 4th of July to advertise our church and VBS.  We passed out over 4000 flyers with candy attached... Super fun yet hot!  4th of July night, we went to Dan and Susan's for dinner and games with some friends at church, then we went to hang out with some youth group teens and play games with them.  Fun night!



 We went to the wedding of two of our friends from church on 7/7.  It was so nice and I love weddings and getting to remember our special day and how blessed I am to be married to my best friend.  We also got to dance to our First Dance song, "You are So Beautiful".  I think I might request this song at every wedding we go to from now on...


 We had VBS at church last week.  It went AMAZING.  Steven helped head it up and we were so happy with the results... the kids raised over $700 for our missionary which resulted in Steven and the Worship Band all dying their hair neon colors.  And we prayed for 101 kids and God gave us 102!  Most importantly, 5 kids got saved.  It was a great (yet exhausting) week.

AND this past weekend, my bff Kelly came in from North Carolina!  We had a great week with her.  She got here Friday at 9:30 am and we went non-stop until I dropped her off with her aunt today in Columbia.  We went to see Aladdin at the Muny, she took Barkley to DG with me when I worked 4 hours (and one of our Residents threatened to shoot him), we went to Main St. in St. Charles,  went to Panera twice, ate at Chipotle and Five Guys, went shopping, got "Grandma's Cookies", slept in, and even saw the Wienermobile twice in one day!


Kelly is such a special friend to me.  She lived across the street in 5th and 6th grade... and has lived in North Carolina ever sense!   The distance has not gotten in the way of our friendship, though, which is how I know we'll be friends for MANY years to come.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment