Monday, May 23, 2011

Doctor, Doctor

Busy busy busy!

It is so weird being busy after spending the first 4 months of the year just trying to kill time!  I like it though.

Saturday, we met with a "Dinner Fellowship" group for breakfast at Cracker Barrell.  It was the earliest I have willingly gotten up on a Saturday in a long time, but it was worth it!  I'm glad we are able to get to know some of the church members better in a small group environment.  After breakfast, we went with Todd back to "our" house, and we got to talk with him and his wife Dee-Dee.  Their family has already been a huge blessing to us!

That night Steven and I had "date night" at Outback Steakhouse.  Our poor waiter- our steak came out two times way rare, and the third time it was cooked correctly but there was a hair on it!  After dinner, we went to Chesterfield Mall and checked out H&M but didn't end up buying anything.

Sunday after church we went to lunch at a church family's house, the Albertson's.  Lunch was really good and we were once again thankful for their hospitality.  We got back to the Waltrip's house and I took a short nap before heading to church again for the youth group night.  We were thinking that when the devotion and game were over, we would all drive to Taco Bell, but it was storming so hard that we stayed at the church and ordered pizza instead.

 This was the Emergency Plan (because it was storming) that the youth kids wrote on the white board.  It cracked me up!

Today has been rather uneventful.  Slept in, and the power went out for around 3 hours.  When the power was back on we went to Chick-Fil-A for lunch, then to Target to get some stuff for the youth group (a parent had recommended putting together some sort of First Aid kit for when the kids go to events and camp... sounded like a good idea to me!).

Today is my last day being 21.  I told Steven I wanted a massage for my birthday, and he told me today that he took my present in a different direction and there is a 50% chance that I am going to like it.  Hmmmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment