Friday, May 20, 2011

Buying a House

I just want to jot down how Steven and I came to this house!

Back when we first started "seriously" talking to Dardenne Prairie, I of course scoured Zillow looking at houses in our price range.  There were two that I especially liked, both on Mondair Dr.  They were cati-corner to one another.  One of them (206) I liked more than the other and I really had my eye on it.  I even looked it up on Google Earth and would just stare at it and try to picture it in real life.  I was seriously infatuated with this house!  ha!

So it was definitely on our list of houses we wanted to see when we accepted the job offer.  But, a week before we came down in April, both of these houses were under contract!  So we went on up to St. Louis anyway to check out a bunch of other houses.  One house we visited was actually on the same street, and I remember pointing 206 to Steven and Lisa, and saying "hey, that's the house I liked so much that isn't on the market anymore!... I wonder why there is a blue tarp on the roof?".  And that was that.  We left St. Louis without making an offer on a house and knowing that there was something else waiting for us.

We got back to Springfield, and only a few days later this house (206) was back on the market, and listed at 10,000 LESS than it was listed the first time!  The last contract had fallen through because of the buyer's financing.  The day we got back to St. Louis (two weeks later) it was the last house on our list of four to check out.  Steven walked in first, I was checking out the fence and yard, so when I walked in he was upstairs at the kitchen counter.  He looked at me and said, "babe, I like this house."  I liked it loved it too!  It was everything we were needing and wanting in a house.  Great location (8 minutes from the church), great curb appeal, 2 bathrooms, 3 bedrooms, 2 car garage, fenced in yard... everything!  We knew we would need to change out the carpet and repaint, but with the price being 10,000 less than it was a month ago, there was room in the budget to do that!

That day we put an offer on it- we offered listing price because we knew the price had just been reduced greatly and the house probably had a lot of people looking at it.  It were praying that they had not already accepted a different offer, when a few days later, we found out they had received 5 offers on the house and to give them our best offer!  We did that, and in that time God showed me I had been a little "manipulative' in my prayers and that I needed to pray for HIS will, whether or not it was MY will.  With a little time, I changed my heart and realized that I was "okay" with not getting the house if that meant it was not God's will.

BUT, luckily for me it didn't come to that because when I was in North Carolina I got the call from Steven that they accepted OUR offer!  We signed some paperwork yesterday, and intend to close on it June 16.

So, my thought is that God taught us a little lesson in patience, and His provision and timing, and in return He let us save thousands of dollars!  God is good!





Isn't she a beauty???

No comments:

Post a Comment