Monday, April 16, 2012

Eat it

We had a fun weekend!   It rained pretty much the whole weekend, except it stopped around 4:00 on Saturday, just in time for our Fellowship Dinner.  It went great... Steven prepared our hamburgers and brats for us, everyone brought a side, and then we ate on our patio.  We watched the Blues game together on TV and finished up with dessert and a game of Scattergories!

Yesterday night it was storming pretty hard while we had youth group.  Steven and I got back home from Wendy's and noticed that our subdivision's entry light was not on.  We made a joke about how we aren't paying $65 in Homeowner's Fees for them to not turn the light on!  Then we got to our house and the garage door wouldn't go up...  the electricity had gone out.  That wouldn't be such a problem, except for we recently switched the lock and deadlock on our front door and Steven didn't have the new keys on his keyring.  (I am very responsible and do have it on mine, but it was locked inside because Steven was driving.)  Luckily Steven did have the back door's key so he ran back in the pouring rain and let us in.

It is funny to live without power for a while.  We are so used to it!  I'd had a movie from Redbox that we had planned on watching, but of course we couldn't do that.  We lit all of the candles in our house and took them to the dining table to play a game together.  A few minutes after we got the game set up, of course the oven beeped that the power came back on but we decided to finish the game without electricity for the fun of it, and when it was over we were able to watch our movie. :)

I wanted to share the casserole carriers I made a couple of months ago!  I am so excited about them!!

I used the tutorial here and made one for me and one for my cousin David who is getting married this summer! (Pretty sure it's safe to post here because he definitely won't be reading this blog lol)

(They are the same, just the dish inside of the top carrier is more flat and the bottom one has an outward lid so they look different)

This one is David's.  He loves cooking and trying new dishes.  He is a social eater and enjoys getting together at friends' homes meals, so I think/hope that this is something they will use often!


It is hard to pick a fabric for someone else... but I liked the food theme on the front (with the hearts) and the colorful chevron on the inside!

This is mine...  I am very excited about it because we have a lot of Potlucks at our church.  I am excited to bring it next time and imagine everyone someone asking me where I bought it, and I can tell them I made it!!  :)




You would think they would be super simple to make.. and I guess skill-wise they were, but they took me FOREVER!  Definitely a labor of love haha!

1 comment: