Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Wednesday, Wednesday

Oh, boy, I always feel so behind when I start on a new blog post!

We have been keeping busy, as usual.  One of my co-workers at work asked me last week what I do when I am not at work (because I'm part-time).  I think she thought that I just sat at home doing nothing all day when I am not working... well that's not true!  Every single day we have at least something going on, and I am never bored!

Anyway, last week my work took all the Activity girls out to lunch and then surprised us with Dance lessons.  It was a fun time getting to hang out with the girls outside of work!

Yesterday, Steven and I took a trip to Chesterfield.  We needed to pick up my ring Steven got me when I graduated college.  It is a pink sapphire heart ring, and the sapphire had fallen out at work!  Luckily, the warranty covered it and it was time to pick it up.  We did some shopping and got some really good deals on winter clothes, then met up with a family from church (the Britt's) at El Maguey for dinner before we all went to Discipleship together.  It was a good lesson... the 4th in a row about why our church is KJV... but we are moving to a new topic next week.  :)

I am so excited about having all of the teen girls over for Valentine's Day.  This is something I have wanted to do since I was in high school, and a girl-friend invited me and another girl to her house for Valentine's Day.  She cooked us dinner and we all watched a movie together and it was such a great night, and an "a-ha" moment that we didn't need a boy to have a good day and to feel special.  And boy, it breaks my heart, but this week I realized that our teen girls need this even more than I thought.  These girls are bombarded with negativity and being told they are not "good enough"... whether just by the media, or much closer to home by their families.  I want the girls to leave that night knowing that they are Beautiful, Chosen, Important, God's Workmanship, Loved, Wonderfully Made, Capable, and here for a Purpose!  I love planning "events" like this and this one is so dear to my heart.

Trying to cuddle with Barkley... he doesn't love cuddling.

Well, that's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment