Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Beautiful Day

Today was a great day here.  Nothing special really went on, just a typical Tuesday for us, but today I have been reflecting on how blessed we are and how happy I am to be right here.

I don't work Tuesdays, so we got to sleep in which is always the BEST start to any day!  Started some tomato soup on the crock pot, then Steven left to work out and Barkley and I had the house to ourselves for a bit.  I got ready to run some errands and Barkley was a doll and went to bed without me even telling him to.  Ran to Kirklands to return a pillow, the Dollar Store to get tablecloths for our youth group Pancake Brunch fundraiser, QT for gas and a vanilla Dr. Pepper, the post office to mail Ethan's birthday present, and finally a stop at Aldi for our grocery shopping and things for my girl's Valentine's Day dinner.

Got back home and got everything put away, and Steven got back and helped me get the laundry started.  Did a little bit of sewing until I got frustrated with my double needle (I just can't get the hang of it... my thread always gets tangled or somehow one thread comes out of one needle...???).  Then we went to Discipleship 2 at church.

D2 is soooo good.  I love that Pastor Dan does this.  D1 was great, I felt like I learned a lot or just "reinforced" things I knew and showed me specifically in the Bible where everything was.  But D2 is more in-depth topics.  Today we talked about living a sanctified, Spirit-filled life, and how God does not expect us to be perfect, but to be blameless.  Loved that!

Got home and the soup was ready.  I had mentioned to Steven last night that I felt like we watched a lot of TV together, but didn't spend as much time talking as we could be.  So tonight he recommended that we keep the TV off and just play some games together.  I thought that was really sweet, and we had a great night playing games till midnight.  It was a beautiful night- snow was falling outside and I had coffee going inside.  I love the snow when I have no where to go!  :)

This is from Saturday, but I had to share this picture of Barkley.  I had the door to our storage area underneath the stairs open while doing some sewing, while Steven was watching the MU KU game.  If you know Steven, you know he is not exactly quiet during any game so you can imagine how it is in a rivalry game!  Barkley went under the stairs to hide, haha!


Last thing- on Sunday night I found out that one of the ladies (M) at our church's husband had gotten saved!  They have all been praying for him for years, since M joined the church I wanna say 5-7 years ago.  Long story short, he had a scary experience which made him think about death.  He saw his wife's faithfulness all these years getting up for church, and getting their twin boys up for church, and just in the way that she acted at home, and knew that Christianity was for real and that he wanted a part of it.  How amazing is that!

I got to thinking, though... if Steven was not saved, would my attitude towards him and others show him God's love?  It really convicted me that sometimes I am too quick with a sarcastic remark or expect too much.  My husband is saved, but I want my attitude and spirit to bring him closer to God, and be a blessing to him, the same way M's was/is for her husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment