Sunday, February 26, 2012

Good Day Sunshine

It was a pretty good day today!

It was my Sunday to work, which was a bummer because today's high was 67!  I got to look outside at the sun all day though, and I think that everyone (Residents, Staff, Families...) is always in a better mood when it is nice outside.  After the church services at DG were over, I had a while until the next activity so I text Steven that he should come visit me and bring Barkley.  I waited a while and he didn't text back, so I was on my way to the front office to use the restroom when what should I see, but a blue Suzuki with a dog's head hanging out the window pulling into the parking lot!  Steven and Barkley came to surprise me!

I was so happy they came.  We walked around the building together and I got to introduce them to most of the residents who I work with every day! I know they really enjoyed getting to meet my little "family", and I got many remarks about how cute they are (both Steven and Barkley, haha).  I was a little nervous about Barkley's first time at the nursing home, but he did SO good and was nice and gentle with the Residents and let them pet him!  One Resident, "Babe", just laughed and smiled at him and the Aids told me that this was the first time they had seen her smile in a couple of days because she hadn't been feeling good.  That Barkley could do that for her warmed my heart.  I hope they'll come more often now.  :)

I got home around 5:10, and we left at 5:35 to get to the church early so Steven could meet with a teen.  I got to talk with my mom on the phone for a while while I waited for Youth Group to get closer to starting.  I am hoping they will come visit us during Spring Break!  :)  Anyway, I admitted to my mom while we were talking that I was SO tired from working all day, and kind of wished we could have a different chaperone come once a month on the nights after I work on Sunday.  But God was about to remind me why I was there...

Youth group was so great tonight.  It is so exciting when we see the teens inviting their friends, making wise choices, and just taking their faith seriously.  It's like a light-bulb goes off in their head!  I love it that they feel like they can invite their friends to come to a fun time, and that our teens are so welcoming to visitors.  And the biggest news is, praise God, a teen got saved afterward when we were eating at Wendy's!  It was his first time there, he was invited by a girl in our youth group!  It is nights like this that remind Steven and I why we are doing what we do and make EVERYTHING worth it!

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment