Saturday, March 3, 2012

Friday, Friday!

Technically, it is 12:14 am and therefore no longer Friday, but I'm gonna stick with the title.

We had a good week here!  Tuesday was very nice so we took Barkley to the dog park.


He had a great time!  After Discipleship that night, Steven and I went to Home Depot to look at shutter colors (ours are very faded).  We decided to check out the grills while we were there, and there was one that was on sale and a VERY good deal, so we left with a new grill!  We have been using our little "campout" one that fits about 6 patties on it and is itty bitty.  I am so glad we got one early this year so we can use it all Spring and Summer long!!

Wednesday I ran TONS of errands!  All over St. Charles County.  I really want us to be able to use our deck this year... last year we were NEVER outside even on really nice days because we had no where to sit out there!  This year I want to get a patio set and be able to just sit out there and eat ice cream or hang out and enjoy the outdoors, especially when we have company.  So I went to a lot of different stores checking out patio sets.  I also went to a few fabric stores to start some upcoming projects.

Thursday I worked all day, actually a half hour late.  Steven just re-started a guy's Bible Study at our house on Thursday at 5:45 so some of the guys were already there when I got home.  I try to either run errands or stay downstairs when they are having discussions, I don't want them to hold things back because I'm listening!  That night Barkley and I went to the guest bedroom and I just browsed the internet.

Today was a long day.  Got up and got to work on some sewing.  I have decided that my least favorite part of sewing things is cutting the fabric!!!  It takes forever, hurts my back/legs/neck, and it is very stressful because if you get it wrong you have to start over.  Which happened today... I cut something too small, but when I realized it did not have a large enough piece to make a new one.  SOOOOO I got to go back to Hancock fabrics to buy a 14 X 42 inch piece of one fabric haha.  Back home, just for Steven to tell me that he wanted to go run some errands.  I said I would go with him only if I could show him some Patio sets... I'd looked everywhere on Wednesday, plus lots of places online this morning, and Big Lots had some REALLY good deals on cute sets.

We ended up buying/making our own set...  I'm so excited but I'll wait to tell you about it for when everything is put together.  :)  We will have a transformed patio and hopefully no more big purchases for a while!

That's it for me... we came back home and I have been sewing the night away.  I love seeing things come together!

A few weeks ago, Fritz's opened again for the year.  We celebrated by taking Barkley.   Steven got an ice cream cone, and when they gave it to him, Barkley got so excited because he thought it was his.  In actuality, his doggie cone was about 1/50 of the size of Steven's, but he was still happy with it!



Tomorrow we have a VBS meeting at the church and then it is the youth group's turn to clean it.  Oh the glamorous life of a youth pastor's wife!

1 comment:

  1. HA! Love your last comment about our glamourous life! Students are always keeping us on our toes!

    ReplyDelete