Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Snow Day Snow Day!

It has been nice to stay home the beginning of this week and finish the online class for my Real Estate License.  I just finished taking the online test and am planning on taking the REAL test tomorrow at 1:30!  My biggest worry at this point is just finding it- it's 45-50 minutes away from my house.

February 22- I spent a large portion of the day tracing, cutting, and placing contact paper on our front door's windows to make them less creeper friendly using this tutorial.  Our house is a split level, and if you are standing at the front door, you could look through the window and see right into our bathroom!  Not exactly ideal and I love the way it looks... Subtile but also just an extra "something".  Here's a better picture from outside!

 *side note- we are SO BLESSED to have this wonderful home.*

Sunday, February 23- this picture is very dark but we took our students to WinterJam at the Scottrade center!  10 artists for $10, it was a lot of fun!  We waited in line outside for about an hour and a half, and as you can tell our seats were not great, but we all had a great time and it was really nice to do something with them outside of our routine Sunday activities!

February 24- I spent my entire day on the futon with my laptop working on my online class.  Not the most fun thing in the world but it was nice to stay inside with all the snow and cuddle up!


Finally, just a quote that got me thinking the other day...
"Giving to those in need what they could be gaining from their own initiative may well be the kindest way to destroy people"- Robert Lupton in Toxic Charity

 

No comments:

Post a Comment