Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's and Faith

Well hello, hello!  It has been almost a week since I've written last, so it's time for me to play catch up...

Last Wednesday, Steven and I decided to go home.  My friend Bethany got married last month and invited me and my friend Ali over for dinner and for me to see her new house for the first time.  Bethany and I have been friends since 2nd grade, and Ali is also my cousin so we've known each other our whole lives.  Bethany, Ali, and I have been good friends ever since 2nd grade and have many memories together. We got there at 7 and stayed till 2:30 am.  You can tell we had a GREAT time!  We really didn't do all that much other than talk, laugh, and tell stories.  I love making new friends but there is something just so special about friends that you've had your whole life who have been there through everything.  I love these girls!


Thursday we mostly hung out at my house, and I went with my mom to pick up Austin and Kyla from school.

Friday Steven and I met up with our high school youth pastor, Lance, and his wife Rebecca and their son Parker for lunch.  Steven also did both of his internships with Lance.  We love them- Lance has had such a powerful impact in Steven's life- and are always so encouraged when we get together with them!  After, Steven went to his house and I went shopping with my mom.

Saturday, we spent the day with Steven's family.  Maddie and Kaden had basketball games so they were fun to watch, and then Kaden's team had a pizza party so we went to that. 

Sunday we went to "e-church" at my cousin Dayna's church.  I felt kind of lazy doing it at first, but the message was so good and I really felt like God was speaking to our situation.  The pastor is going through a series on Joshua and said something to the effect of, "if you want to be in the will of God, you must be willing to be in His timeline."  I am always praying for God's will in what church we end up at, but God is showing me that I can't ask for His will in our lives while expecting Him to work at the pace I think is best! 

We came back to Springfield Sunday night, wanted to be back in time for Valentine's Day.
Monday was Valentine's.  We usually try to do our date the day before or the day after Valentine's Day so we can avoid the lines.  We opted for the day after this year.  Instead of doing a real "date" Monday, we went shopping and got some good deals, and picked up a Redbox movie and a DELISH Oreo ice cream cake from Dairy Queen on our way home! 



Today (Tuesday) I got together with my friend Lauren.  We went on a walk downtown and then just went back in her dorm and talked for a while.  Then Steven and I went on our date and we went to Hinode, our favorite Japanese Steakhouse here in Springfield.  We tried the Las Vegas sushi rolls and they were honestly soooooo good.  After I pulled the salmon out, they were the best sushi I've ever ate!



That's it for me.  Tomorrow Steven is meeting with a pastor in Osage Beach to discuss a youth pastor position at his church.  I'm really not too nervous because I know God is in control!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment