Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Thoughts

Since November, we had been doing our best to not buy anything except milk/eggs/bread at the grocery store, so that our fridge and pantry would be pretty well cleaned out in time for us to move.  I decided that even though we are here in Springfield for longer than expected, we may as well eat well!  So I did some grocery shopping today and yesterday and we now have a pretty full pantry and fridge again.  I also looked up some recipes from "the Pioneer Woman" and have picked some that I want to try!  I have loved going through her website, she cracks me up!  Also she cooks with no regard for fat content- cheese and cream seem to be two of her staples.  So she is my kinda woman! lol.  I think it will be good for me to try some new things and keep myself occupied and my husband's stomach full!  ha!

We are now in the process of figuring out what to do.  Should we stay in Springfield and volunteer somewhere, I can work at the Tower Club 2-3 shifts a week?  Should I try to find a temporary job at a hotel somewhere so I will have more "hotel" experience?  Or, will Caroll get a cleaning job in KC where we can both work and help her?  We don't want to chose the option we would "rather" do, but rather we want to do what will be best for us in the long-run.

We have so much faith that God knows what He is doing in our lives.  He has some sort of plan that we just can't see yet.  I've also seen some really encouraging verses these last few days, including:

We are pressed on every side by troubles, but not crushed and broken. We are perplexed because we don't know why things happen as they do, but we don't give up and quit. We are hunted down, but God never abandons us. We get knocked down, but we get up again and again and keep going! (2 Corinthians 4:8,9 TLB)

I am praying to you because I know You will answer, O God.  Bend down and listen as I pray. (Psalm 17:6 NTL)


And finally, a quote I found on someone else's blog:

"Set your thoughts not on the storm, but on the LOVE that rules the storm."

No comments:

Post a Comment