Saturday, January 8, 2011

I was so excited today because we heard again from Maryville!  Although everything is not official, we are looking at being introduced to the students January 28 weekend during their D-Now!

That gives Steven and I three more weeks of absolutely nothing to do... unless we make something to do. 

I have been reading Ecclesiastes lately and let me tell you- it has been cracking me up!  It might help that my Bible is New Living Translation, but some of these verses are just so blunt and maybe I'm just tired when I'm reading, but they crack me up.  But one that especially stuck out to me was Ecclesiastes 11:9 "Young people, it’s wonderful to be young! Enjoy every minute of it. Do everything you want to do; take it all in. But remember that you must give an account to God for everything you do."

LOVE it!  It got me to thinking... that Steven and I should take advantage of this time in our lives.  We are young and for the next three weeks- have completely open schedules so we should take advantage of that!  For the rest of our lives, we will have to ask off work, schedule a dog/house sitter, pack things for kids, etc whenever we want to go anywhere.  But for this short time in our lives, we have a totally open schedule to do whatever we want.  And I don't want to waste that just sleeping in, watching TV, and running meaningless errands just to get out of the house.

So we did some research online, and we are going to try to take a mini-vacation to Memphis!  It's only a 5 hour drive and if we Priceline a hotel I think we can have a nice cheap trip!  Steven has never been there, and I have been there once but I think it was for only one night on our way to Pensacola.  This month is Elvis' birthday, so surely they go big for that.  Also, we found tickets to the Grizzlie's (their NBA team) for only $8.  They also have a zoo and ice skating rink!  I am thinking we will be able to keep ourselves entertained for 3 or 4 nights, and am really excited about it! 

Yeay for unexpected, last minute trips!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment