Wednesday, October 10, 2012

In the Morning

This was my view this morning.

 (do you like all of the post-it's left from the evening receptionist last night?  There were even more on the "credenza" behind me!)

It's possible that I'm a little biased but I do love the desk I sit at for the first half of my day.
I love getting to greet everyone as they enter or leave the building. 
I love the natural light and bright cheery colors.
I love meeting the anxious new employees getting ready for orientation on Monday mornings and giving them a reassuring smile.
I love getting deliveries from all sorts of places... but my favorites are deliveries from the florists. 
I love the access to coffee across the room.  :)
I love that some of our Residents will drop off leftovers from their breakfast, or their desserts to me when they are leaving the Main Dining Room... even if they have taken a bite out of it.  :)
I love when the alarms sound that a Resident with a "Wonderguard" enters the building, and they or their family get embarrassed, and I tell them that they are going off because a Very Important Person has entered the building and how it makes them smile.  :)
I love that I am getting more and more familiar with the 100's of visitors who enter... who their family member is, or what their job is with the facility... getting to know their routines and things about their lives.
I love feeling being able to help people find answers to their questions and feeling like I know what I'm doing.

There is one family member who went to our ice cream parlor and got a huge scoop of ice cream for my pregnant co-worker (with a brownie from a Resident), because we are not allowed to get it for ourselves.  :)



I'm exhausted.  Hopefully going to bed soon.  Good night world!

No comments:

Post a Comment