Saturday, September 29, 2012

Long Time No Talk!

Well, it has been a while!

Steven and I both had a great time with our families last weekend. 

Right after work on Friday, I picked up Barkley and my suitcase.  I dropped him off to be boarded in Wentzville (and almost cried saying goodbye... he's my lil baby!) and headed to Columbia to see my mom and sister!!

I am a ding dong and didn't take any pictures of our weekend.  My mom took pictures so I just need her to upload them to Facebook then I can post them here. (hint, hint)  :)  Friday I met them at the hotel around 7:30, and we went to Cracker Barrel for a late dinner.  We got back and got in the hot tub at the hotel, then went to bed fairly early.

Saturday we woke up in time to eat the hotel's breakfast, then headed to the Callaway Farms Corn Maze. It was way big and cool!  We started out doing really well, following the map, and I really think that we could have been out of there in 45 minutes.  But they had these 8 "Check Points" and we were almost to the end and hadn't passed any, so we decided to look for one and ended up getting lost and going in circles in the process!  I think we were there for a good 2 hours.  We took naps back at the hotel, then had a late lunch at Shakespeare's Pizza in Downtown Columbia.  There was also a gun show, Rodeo, and BBQ Festival going on that weekend so it was pretty busy!  After our pizza, we went to some cool unique shops and ended our evening out by getting some of the BEST milkshakes ever at Sparky's ice cream.

Sunday, we also started off with breakfast at the hotel, then packed up our cars.  We went to the mall, Target, and Michael's, then to lunch at Steak N Shake (per Kyla)  and one last stop at this huge Antique market!

We had a great weekend and I am hoping that we make these trips an annual thing!

Steven finally made it home around 1:00 on Tuesday morning.  He had a good trip as well but I was so glad to have him home and be able to sleep and take a shower in peace (I freak myself out when I'm home alone lol).

The past week has been a busy one of work and church events.  This weekend I finally succumbed to Fall and put out my Fall decorations, scents, and soaps.  I guess Summer is officially over at the Branch house, but it looks and smells cute!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment