Friday, September 7, 2012

I Don't Know What I've Been Told...

So I think I've determined why I don't post very often.

It's because a while back I read that you should never make a blog post without pictures.... and I am not very good at taking pictures of my everyday happenings... and even when I do I don't upload them in a timely manner. So I feel that I am breaking a blog rule when I only post text, and therefore don't!

Well, I think I am going to start breaking that rule a little more often now because a picture-less post is better than no post.

All that to say, there is not a lot "special" going on.  We really are just living on a routine with me working all day.  When I get back from work, I usually first change into comfy clothes, then crash on the couch for a bit.  Then Steven and I figure out what we're doing for dinner (unfortunately, it's usually something easy peasy like spaghetti, pancakes, chicken and rice, etc.).  Then we usually get to send the evening together at home (unless it's Wednesday) and watch some of our favorite shows together until my bed time!

The other night, we had the exciting opportunity to review our budget!   We've been here a year and 4 months, and I have had an income for a year, so it was time to re-check everything... accounting for where our money is going, how much is going into savings, church, fun stuff, etc.  We are very blessed to be able to live on an amount of money small enough that would probably shock some Americans!  haha

I am excited for next Thursday because we are starting Discipleship at our house with a group of our students!  I love getting to be with them on a smaller-group basis.

Today I have off of work because I work the weekend.  There is a trip to Aldi in store, a call to the Huscivana Viking sewing machine sellers, and lastly we are going to some of our student's football game!  Hoping the rain stays away for us. :)


 

2 comments:

  1. Yay!! More posts! I love reading your blog! :] Unfortunately for me, I'm addicted to taking pictures with my iPhone. :/ Seriously. I can't stop. But with or without pictures, I will still read! Can't wait to get together with you guys next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is my problem, Beth! I think I need an IPhone (or nicer phone than the one I have right now lol)... I would def. post pics ALL the time if I had one. Right now I take pics with my camera and upload them to my computer when I have time.

    So so excited for Friday also!! :)

    ReplyDelete