Sunday, October 23, 2011

Hello, Hello!

Things have been good but busy as ever here!  I can't believe that in a week, we will have been in O'Fallon for 6 months.  I am still so amazed at how God worked in our lives, and provided our wonderful new jobs, home, friends, and (most of the time) dog all in that amount of time.

A lot has happened since my last post.  A few weeks ago, my Grammy and Papa came to visit!  They got here on a Monday night while I was working, and stayed until Thursday morning.  We had a great time with them.  On Tuesday we took them on a tour of "the O" and then they took me to Joann's Fabric store to buy me a sewing machine!  They went to Discipleship with us that night.  Wednesday, we went to Downtown St. Charles and visited the walking trail, some unique stores, and had lunch.

Last Wednesday, my sewing machine came in!  Because of work, today was my first chance to get to "play" with it and I have made two little burp rags (the easiest thing I could find to make).  I think I am getting the hang of sewing a straight line, lol!  They are really cute and I'm excited to make even more things.  I think I might have a new obsession pass-time!

We have had some vehicle issues lately.  My car's tags expire this month, so we took it to get inspected.  Well, in St. Charles county they require you pass a Safety and a Emissions test.  My car passed Safety but the check engine light has been on so it didn't pass Emissions.  The only way we can pass, is to get the car fixed, which will cost $650.  The real bummer, is the part that is "broken" is not all that important and we would be perfectly safe driving without it!

Also, Steven got a letter yesterday that as part of our "settlement" with the Suzuki deal, we have to give "his" car back.  So pretty soon we will just have mine.  It's times like now that I am wishing I had a FULL time job so we could have some extra saving money to put toward a car... we'll see what happens.

We have a busy week ahead with our youth groups.  Tomorrow we are doing our first Camp fundraiser at Culvers (getting started early this year).  Wednesday night is the Fall Festival and we are taking the Jr. Highers to the corn maze, and then Saturday we are throwing a Costume Party for high school!  I'm excited for Steven and I's costumes, and will have to put up some pics!

That's it for me for now... just wanted to give a quick report!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment