Thursday, August 11, 2011

What a great week!

Steven and I decided that I would wait until we were done with the major house work, and after Camp, until I would look for a job.  I have had my eye on a local Senior Living Center ever since we first visited DPBC.  It is huge- almost like a community college campus- and very nice, with fountains in the front!  Last month, they had a "now hiring" sign in front of their entrance, and it was still there this week!  Monday I came in and got an application, and found out they are hiring a part-time and temporary activities coordinator.  They were going to be having a Job Fair on Wednesday, so I came back then to turn in my application and resume.  I ended up having two interviews, one with someone from Administration, and one with the head of Activities (Karen)!  The interview went really well, it was actually easy to "look" excited about the job, because everything she was telling me about it made me more and more excited. She told me they were interviewing several people, but that she would give me a call back. 

Today, I was out running errands and saw that I had missed a call and had a voice mail.  I checked it, it was Karen asking if I could come back in to talk some more.  I called her back, and she said she wants to give me a tour of the facility, as well as go over some more specifics of the job.  I'm not sure how many people they are calling back, but this seems to be a step in the right direction!  I go in tomorrow at 10:30.

I remember being so nervous last time I was looking for a job.  I NEEDED an internship to graduate college, and nothing was working out!  But at the last minute, God provided an opportunity for me at the Tower Club.  After that, as well as everything that has happened this year with God providing Steven a job and us a house, I know that everything is in His hands.  If this is the right job for me, the doors will be open.  And if it's not the right thing, He'll close the door and open the right one at the right time.  Knowing that makes it so much easier and gives me so much peace!

In other news, Barkley had to go to the vet for an extensive check-up on Tuesday.  He was there 8 hours and when we picked him up, the first thing they told us was that he had been very vocal.  Apparently he hadn't liked being locked in a scary unknown cage all day!  Poor guy was SO ready to get out of there, but as soon as he got in my car which is familiar to him, he was back to normal and happy to be going home.  He weighs 55 pounds, and is in good/normal health... the only thing not "normal" was his teeth- because he chews so violently on things, they are a little inflamed I guess.

Today we took Barkley to the dog park with the pond again.  He loved it!  It was only 83 degrees, but felt like 70 to us because we are used to it being over 100!  He got in the water a little bit, and of course did some good rolling around in the mud so he was SO dirty but we gave him a bath at the water hose they provide and he is nice and clean now!



Tonight we are having the Albertson's over to play games!  Steven loves playing games, and I love having people over, so it's a win-win.  :)






No comments:

Post a Comment