Monday, August 15, 2011

I got the job!

I went in Friday to get the tour and talk more about the position, and at the end Karen offered me the job.  Right now it is a temporary position, because the lady who holds the position now is going to the armed forces so they are holding it for her until she gets back in April.  But even if she does get back and want her job back, Karen said that if I am a good reliable employee, they will find something for me to do.  I am thinking that this way I am at least getting my foot in the door at this company, and if April comes and the girl wants her job back, there may be a different full-time position open elsewhere.  Orientation is a week from today!

While I would love for the job to be full-time, and I have always wanted to be working with more "independent" seniors, I am just grateful to have a job right now.  I have seen several people I graduated with on Facebook saying how they have given out so many resumes and not gotten a call back, or they have spent the whole month applying for jobs and have only heard back from three companies.  So I am very grateful to have this opportunity.

Friday after I got the job, Steven took me out to celebrate.  We did some shopping (though he was the only one who bought anything, lol), then out to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory, then to a movie.  It was a really fun night. 

I have the rest of this week to look for some more cheap "business casual" clothes!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment