Monday, August 8, 2011

I spent this past weekend back in KC!

It was my first time back since the beginning of May when we went to Jhon's graduation.... so it was the longest I have ever been gone.  It was good to be home.  It is a great feeling when you are almost finished driving and starting to recognize what you are passing, and realizing that you are HOME.

I got there about 4:30 Thursday (Steven didn't come with because he had duties to attend to here).  I spent Thursday with my family, playing games and seeing my parent's new rental house.  Friday afternoon, my mom, Austin, Kyla, and I ran some errands and then I met up with Sierra and her boyfriend Emerson at 54th Street Grill.  It was really great to see her before she leaves for China!!  That night, my parents church was playing Soul Surfer at the Lee's Summit Amphitheater so I met them to watch it.  The movie was really good and it was very cool to watch it outdoors.

Saturday, my friend Bethany threw my cousin Ali a bridal shower.  I got to Bethany's a little early to help her finish setting up.  The shower went great, Ali got some cute things and we had a good time with the games.  After everyone had left, the three of us went to pick up Bethany and I's bridesmaid dresses and to get dinner at Applebee's.  We brought it back to Bethany's, and we spent the rest of the night watching TV and laughing. 

I left Sunday after church.  The 3.5 hour drive seems like FOREVER when you are by yourself, but I made it back around 2:40.  Took a long nap, and woke up in time for youth.

Today, Barkley and I went to the park.  We walked through a hiking trail and then around a little pond.  He had a great time and was exhausted when we got home.  In about 45 minutes, our Jr. High kids are coming over for a Tye-Dye and Ice Cream party!  Jr. Highers are great because they are pretty easy to please.  :)

We have some new neighbors.  I think Steven and I will go over there some time this week and welcome them with some cookies or something, since we know that none of our other neighbors will!  Ha!


No comments:

Post a Comment