Monday, May 21, 2012

Eat Vegetables With Every Meal

One of our youth group counselors had surgery a few weeks ago, so last week Steven and I provided a meal for her, her husband, and their 5 kids.

Cooking for 7 is way different than cooking for 2!  But I thought that what I made turned out pretty good so I wanted to post it to remember for the future!  This could easily be adapted to feed more or less people.

We started out with pulled pork sandwiches (great for Summer!)(adapted from this recipe) and the fixin's for them... cheese, bbq sauce, and cole slaw.

Add in fresh pasta salad, fresh fruit (grapes, pineapple and strawberies), and peanut butter bars from here.

Everyone likes flowers, especially when you aren't feeling well!

Also included was some Raspberry lemonade and paper plates so there aren't so many dishes afterward!

Their family is a blessing to us, so I hope this meal was a blessing to them!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment