Friday, June 3, 2011

I think I can, I think I can!

Yesterday we got some great news... that we would be able to close on our house 6 days early!  Instead of June 16 we are moved up to the 10th... only a week from today!  That has been the kick in our rears that we needed, now we are going crazy trying to figure out paint colors, flooring, carpet, washer/dryer, fridge, stove... etc.  Not to mention trying to figure out how to get the stinking (literally) dead racoon out of our attic and then sanitize it!  Buying a house sure is time consuming, stressful, and expensive... but I am so excited!

The hardest thing for me is paint colors.  I came into it with absolutely no idea of what color  I wanted in what room.  I just knew I wanted color instead of neutrals.  I've been playing with the different paint brand's websites, where you can upload your own picture and see what the shade will look like in your space.  But it's just hard to really visualize everything!  Pretty soon I (we) will just have to make a decision, I just hope it looks good, cheerful, welcoming, and classy, not like a clown picked out the colors!  We'll see I guess!

The biggest lesson I have learned so far is to SHOP AROUND!  Never go to just one place and order it!  Even if you like what they have to offer, now you have ammunition for your next stop so you can tell them you had just been quoted a better rate, and soon you will find out that they had some unexpected discounts come up.

The oh so pretty flowers in front of our house!
So we now have one more week to wait and get our ducks in a row until we can close..   I think we can do it!




PS, how do you like my new blog background?  I love it!  It is so much better than the Blogger one I was using.  I got it for free from here

No comments:

Post a Comment