Thursday, June 9, 2011

Busy Being Fabulous

We have been keeping busy here at the Waltrip Household!  :)

Tuesday, Steven had his morning meeting with Dan and then a dentist appointment at 1.  While he was gone, I went to Target and got a new filter for our air conditioner as well as some bottled water and Gatorade to bring on Saturday for the guys working on our house.  I also went to two Sherwin Williams stores to look at their paint colors and try to decide on some.  This is by far the hardest part! 

Steven got back to the church around 3:30 (he had to run and do some emergency paper signing and faxing), so I met him there along with two of the high school guys to finish putting the basketball goal together.  We got it done around 5, and then had our first Discipleship class at 6:45.  It was really good.

We finally got back to the Waltrip's around 9, when Todd called and said that right then was the best time for him to help put the basketball goal up (we had to "cement" it in), so we headed back out to the church!  We were thinking that if we lived in our new house it wouldn't have been a big deal at all!  Anyway, we put in the goal and then he helped us some more with paint colors, and gave us a list of things we should have at the house for Saturday's work session (duct tape, brooms, masks, etc).  We finally left at midnight!

The old basketball goal

the new basketball goal!

the Trek kids playing basketball on the new goal for the first time

Yesterday was another busy one.  The title company called and told Steven that we were good to go, and just make sure we had our valid ID's with us at closing!  Well, my ID was expired... (it expired on my birthday, and I thought I had to have a permanent address before I could renew it)  so we took a trip to the DMV and it was surprisingly easy to renew my license AND put the new address on it.  We went to the Post office to get a change of address form, (and the Lowe's coupon!), then to the bank, then to a million places to get the utilities changed to our name (all of which needed to be done before closing).  Then we went to Lowe's to get some of the stuff Todd had listed, then to the Jerome's house to pick up Dillon who needed a ride to church.

Church went well, and afterward Steven (with the help of me and two teenagers) changed the verse on the church sign. It wouldn't have been so bad but the old letters had fried bug guts on them.  (the light of the sign attracts the bugs apparently).  So while they were putting up the new letters, I got to wash the old ones.  I hope I get some kind of heavenly reward for that!  We dropped Dillon off at his house around 10, and the Jeromes invited us in, and of course we didn't leave there until about midnight either. 

Today was much less stressful / intense as the last two days!  We still ran several errands, but we made it back to the house around 6 and I think we will be able to stay here all night.  We went to Bed Bath and Beyond to get Steven a more "Masculine" shower curtain, and while there I found one I liked a lot better than the one I got at Ikea.  After a lot of pleading, begging, and pouting, a little bit,  Steven was such a sweetie pie to tell me to go ahead and get the one I liked so much!

Right now we have a lasagna in the oven and I think we plan on watching the Heat/Mavericks game tonight.  Woohoo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment