Saturday, August 25, 2012

Mud on the Tires

Not a lot "special" has been going on lately.  I guess that's what happens when you both have full-time jobs and can't leave on the weekends because your husband works at a church!  We are very blessed and thankful, though, and have some exciting things coming up in September and October!

Last Sunday as I was about to turn into the church parking lot, I felt something "off" going on when I pressed on the accelerator.  When I pulled into my parking spot, one of our members was looking at my car funny and said he'd heard a "clink" noise as I was driving in.  Come to find out, I had just rolled over a screw and it was stuck in my tire!  Not much I could do about it at that point, so we went to church, and afterward it was Steven's turn at our Caregiver's Inn ministry so we just drove his car there and decided to worry about my tire on Monday.  When we drove in for youth Sunday night, though, the tire was totally flat!  Which led to Steven leading the teens who showed up early in a demonstration of how to change a flat tire.


Today is my only day off this week as I took a shift in the Activity department tomorrow.  It will be fun to get to see some of the residents who aren't able to visit me at the front desk!

 That's about it from me.  Now you see why I don't post too often!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment