Wednesday, November 30, 2011

My New Obsession

When my Grammy and Papa visited us in October, they were super generous to buy me a sewing machine.  This is quite possibly one of the greatest gifts I've ever been given!  I have loved looking up different projects, and watching things transform from a piece of fabric to something cute and useful. 

I have found it very theraputic to sew and it is a good prayer-time for me... when I am making things I like to pray for the person who will be using it.  I especially try to do this when I'm making a baby item, whether one I'm saving for us or will be using as a gift.  How special to think that one day our kids will be using something that their mama made while praying over them when they were still a twinkle in their daddy's eye.  :)

Here are some of the things I have made.  All beginners projects for sure, but I am learning more with every thing I make!

My first project- burp clothes!  The zebra one is the first thing I ever made!

Taggie Blanket- with plastic in the middle so it crinkles, and the different ribbons for texture

Peepee Teepee's....  :)

Onesies with ties on them!
My biggest accomplishment thus far- a pillowcase dress!


1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness!! How cute!! What a blessing you are to others! :]

    ReplyDelete