Monday, September 19, 2011

Now that I have made a post with all of the "big" things that have gone on lately, I'm going to make another one with the smaller things!

I have tried some great new recipes lately...  I love that since it is the two of us, any time I cook we can eat the left-overs at least one other time (even if I only made a half recipe).  Our two favorites so far, that I'm sure I'll make a few times this winter, are...
Chicken Enchilada Soup
Mexican Dorito Casserole



and the next on my "to-make" list (after we finish some brownies) is:
Cookies N Cream Cupcakes
^I am particularly excited about this one!

The most exciting news on the Barkley front is that we have taught him two new tricks... Dance and High Five.  He is so stinking cute when he does these and actually got the hang of them really quickly.  Now that the weather is cooler, he LOVES being outside!  I am excited to see him when we get our first snow (though I'm not excited for the snow part of that equation...).  I'm so glad we got a dog.  Barkley is a stinker but it wouldn't be the same here without him!


Youth has been going great.  We have had several visitors come back multiple times so that is really exciting.  We have also heard from some different parents how things seem to be "clicking" with their teens, and that is what it is all about!  We have a great group of students and I'm so thankful that God gave us this opportunity to invest in their lives!


No comments:

Post a Comment